Re: BUG: Bad rss-counter state ...

Hi,

On 19 Apr 2018, at 19:21, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/19/2018 05:41 PM, David Miller wrote:
>> Then it could be pre-Ultra-IIIi systems that trigger the problem.
>> Ultra30 is as such.
>
> Possible. But I haven't received any such bug report from Debian users
> yet and we have people running the sparc64 port on machines as old
> as the Ultra 10.
>
> Rene, would you mind testing Debian's sparc64 port on your machine?

I would, however I realize this bug message does not reliably appear.
(I should note the kernel continued to run further thru all the installation
so for my first glance it was “only” of cosmetic nature.)
My thinking was to post it in case it ring a bell or remind someone of something.

I will keep you posted what else I find, e.g. trying to mount a floppy on
the Ultra 5 oopsed. Will double check and re-post details separately
(unless someone warns me floppy support is known to be broken right
now ;-)

On the plus side: I could start latest xorg-server w/ sunffb driver, though
someone deleted the nice Mesa driver since the last time I turned it on,
… :-/

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 42, DE-10789 Berlin
 http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de