Re: Bisected: RED State Exception in 4.5 on E420R

> Do you know exactly when plain "ASSERT()" starts working and doesn't
> require the ". = " part?

I have digged a little. The original bug report is here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kbuild&m=124930110427870&w=2

Here Jean report that is fails with binutils 2.14, and
Documentation/Changes list 2.12 as the minimum required version.

The bug will only manifest itself with a "plain" ASSERT.

So ASSERT placed inside:

SECTIONS
{
	.text TEXTSTART:
	{
	}

	ASSERT(bla bla, bla);
}

Will to my best understanding not trigger the bug.
x86 has a similar assert in line 186.

I did not test it - getting late here.

Will try to go through the .S files tomorrow to check
if I can find additional places where we can save
a few bytes.

And I may try to implment the above too.

	Sam