Re: Recent spontaneous reboots on multiple machines

On (02/05/16 11:06), Meelis Roos wrote:
> It's getting more strange. I ran 4.4-rc8-00005 for 2-3 weeks nonstop,
> doing git clone and make -j4 in a loop, on both V240 and V440. Worked
> 100% stable.
>
> Then I git git pull from kernel.org, tried to compile 4.5-rc1 (or was it
> rc2 already), on the same running 4.4.0-rc8-00005 and it rebooted, on
> both V240 and V440.

sorry for not getting back sooner - was on the road, and will be
mostly offline again next week. But the symptoms sound like there
might be a memory and/or compiler issue. I'm not sure how to check this
theory out.. maybe someone else with more expertise in this space
can check?

If not, I can come back and try this out in a week- will take
some extra config/pkg-installation in my test machine to get around
firewalls etc and run git directly from the sunfire.

--Sowmini