Re: How to decode RED state exception?

From: Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:22:09 +0300 (EEST)

> I turned on my E450 over a long time and got spontaneous reboots with
> 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 with RED State Exceptions like this. How to decode them
> to see if my hardware is failing or software is broken?

The "TPC/TNPC" values are probably the most interesting from a software
perspective.  You can match them up to addresses in the kernel image to
see where they are.

Easiest thing to do is use a 64-bit gdb and do things like:

(gdb) x/4i 0x407900

That covers the first three trap stack entries and then:

(gdb) x/4i 0x449e38

for the fourth and final one.

The RED state trap is happening because we're taking traps
endless without resolving them until we are out of trap
stack entries of which there are 4.