Sun V210 Cheetah error trap (kernel problem?)

Dear SPARC Kernel Gurus!

I am SysAdming a Sun V210 iptables firewall and I have a kernel problem (?) on it.

Sometimes the console (both virtual via SSH and serial console via ILOM) dies, syslog to disk is stopping, but iptables
keeps filtering the packages. There is a "Cheetah error trap" on the console and in the attached syslog snippet.

Kernel version is 3.2.0-4-sparc64-smp (Debian 3.2.54-2 sparc64) (previous Debian 7 kernel versions behaved similarly).

The error happens sporadically, sometimes once in three months, sometimes once a week. There is no obvious way to
trigger it, IRQ seems to be the best suspect at the moment (iptraf and apt-get upgrade seems to trigger it more often than
idling).

I can apply patches, recompile kernel and do such stuff but I have no idea how to decode this error.

I can experiment with different patches and settings on the weekends as long as they do not endanger the 12 hour
mission-critical weekday filtering.

If I can not resolve this issue the machine will be replaced with an inferior performance X86 machine, so I hope you can
help me - I already tried the Debian Sparc, so you are my last hope.

Thank you:
Elmar K. Nagy