Failure to detect CD-ROM in T5120

Hello,

Does anyone on this list run recent kernels on a T5120 (or
similar) machine? We have received a report of Debian installation
failure on it (http://bugs.debian.org/678264), caused by a failure to
detect the CD-ROM drive. Apparently, on these machines CD-ROM is
connected via USB, but simply loading usb_storage (USB mass storage)
kernel module does not do the trick.

If you have such a machine and CD-ROM is working for you under Linux,
I would appreciate if you could post the verbose output of lsusb and
lsmod, as well as any udev recipes you might have to get this to work.

Thanks,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@xxxxxxxxx
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC