Re: sparc32 - keyboard is dead with v3.4-rc1

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 08:55:48AM +1000, Julian Calaby wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 06:44, Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > bisect will take some time as my build-machine is not exactly
> > quick - so I expect no result until sometime tomorrow.
> > But the good thing is that it is easy to test :-)
>
> I'm investigating distcc as a solution for this as part of my latest
> attempt to get Gentoo Linux onto my SS10. I've read some success
> stories, however they're on my other computer, if you're interested,
> I'll send you a link to the "official" Gentoo sparc/distcc guide.

distcc require spare computers - for now I do most of my
linux stuff on one Intel dual-core Atom based box.
I have a quad-core box - but it is seldom powered on.

The Atom based box is always ready - which matches my
typical working pattern well (less than an hour typically
and only few days a week).

The quad-core would be fine for bisect etc. but then
I have to install a lot....
In practice I am much slower than the computer,
so it actualy hurts less than one may think.

	Sam