Re: [WIP] sparc32: replace bootmem with memblock

From: Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:45:16 +0100

> sparc32 uses a combination of a local memory handling and bootmem
> to handle memory in the early stage of the boot.
>
> Some time ago I started to look at what was required to replace
> the local memory handling (sp_banks) with memblock - which I understood
> was the generic way to handle memory in the early phases of
> the boot.
>
> Tejun have posted a nice series of patches that clean up
> memblock so it should be possible to replace bootmem too.

You are extremely brave to be messing around with this area of
the sparc32 port, I must say :-)  Getting sparc64 sane took a
lot of concentrated effort and it lacks much of the baggage that
sparc32 still has lying around.

Thanks for doing this work and I'll continue looking over the
patch and try to help with the unresolved areas as well.