Re: Clock event support on SPARC32

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Kirill Tkhai <tkhai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
Hi Kirill - late answer...

> There is no clock event support on SPARC32, but it's possible to
> implement it.
In general we would like to use as much of the generic code for
sparc32 as possible.
Introducing support for clock events is thus a good thing.

> The plan is to use local timers as periodic and one-shot clock events,
> while global timer is a continuous clock source. It ticks and increases
> internal counter of tick number every 2 seconds (it's possible to use
> more, but I use a round number). The number "counter * size_of_tick +
> master_l10_counter" gives us the continuous clocksource.

Sounds like a good plan.

> The only problem is a fact that LEON doesn't have a master_l10_counter,
> but it's possible to use HZ-lenght clocksource for this case.
Let's get it working for plain sparc32 - then we can surely work out
somethign for LEON later.

I will try to find time to review your patches (short on Linux time...)

    Sam