Re: bug report: Sun Blade 100 kernel panics during boot under 3.0.3

From: Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:03:24 +0200

>>From your config I can see you have:
> CONFIG_I2C_ALI1535=m
> CONFIG_I2C_ALI1563=m
>
> They both mention ALI7101 in their help text.
>
> Just to give a hint if this is the casue could you try to disable one
> or both of these to see if this has any effect.

Neither of these drivers should ever be enabled on platforms like
sparc64.  They do direct I/O space writes by decoding the control
register of the SMBBA chip in PCI config space then directly using
that address for I/O port accesses.

Either these drivers need to be written to be more portable else
they need to have appropriate Kconfig guards.