Re: problem with newaliases & db

> > While trying to run postix's newaliases (specifically
> > /usr/sbin/postalias hash:/etc/aliases as it is invoked by newaliases), I
> > get the following error with 2.6.39-rc7 while it worked fine with
> > 2.6.38. This is reproducible. postfix is from Debian unstable, using
> > db-5.1 (ldd below). Nothing in dmesg, stderr and strace included.
>
> Definitely looks like garbage was read from the file for whatever
> reason, I really doubt a sparc specific change introduced this
> problem as we were pretty light on sparc64 changes during that time
> period.

I have had a look at it again. 2.6.39 packages from Debian also showed
this problem on one machine, so 2 machines with different kernel
configurations (Blade 100 and Ultra 10) out of 7 tested. 3.0.0-rc2 works
fine on all of them so far. Debian has also been updated meanwhile.

If I see it again, I will try bisecting it.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)