memblock versus bootmem (relevant for sparc32?)

Hi Ben, Yinghai, Ingo.

While doing some sparc related tasks I noticed that sparc64
uses memblock - whereas sparc32 does not.

I am aware that memblock was called lmb in the older days and
that sparc64 had lmb support which was converted to memblock support.

But so far I have failed to find any information on what the benefit
of memblock is and how it compared to for example bootmem.
I can see that x86 no longer uses bootmem - as the only arch.

But I also noticed that mm/nobootmem.c contains several functions
named bla_x86_bla(). So I continued to be a bit confused.

Do there exist any writeup of what memblock is?

Also does it make sense to consider introducing memblock for sparc32.
And if yes - what is the benefit and what does it replace?

And would it make sense to drop bootmem on sparc64?

I know - lots of questions!

	Sam