On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, David Miller wrote:

From: Julian Calaby <julian.calaby@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:02:15 +1100

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:38, Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My poor 14yo sparc finally bit the dust --
well, actually, the battery in the prom finally gave up and lost
its config during the last power-cycle.

So, now I'm looking for a replacement M48T59Y-70PC1  from some reputible dealer,
and preferably one that one cost an extra 50$ just to ship to Alaska...

There is a hack to replace the battery. [1] I've got a SSLX with a
similar issue which needs that, but haven't gotten around to doing it
yet. Also remember that you're going to have to re-program the chip as
it contains some important config information.

Whilst sparc32 chips absolutely need this config information set
properly (it contains the system type value), on sparc64 systems it
only really carries the date and the ethernet address.

And then of course the checksum has to be set correctly after
you've filled it in :-)