Re: sparc32 linux SMP

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 07:26:23PM +0100, Daniel Hellstrom wrote:
David Miller wrote:

From: Daniel Hellstrom <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:39:31 +0100

I just want to report that we have been able to run the SPEC2000
integer tests successfully on Linux SMP 2.6.38-rc1. After 2-3 days of
running the tests (users=2) on a dual core LEON@70MHz on Debian Etch,
the results were correct. Two months ago I was able to run for 1-2
minutes before the system crashed in different ways or hanged.

This is very good news! Then we know a way forward how to fix
SS1000 / and likel some of the sun4m systems with > 1 processor too.

I assume this is with the smp_call_function changes added to your tree,
right?

Yes, with the patches I sent to the list. At gaisler.com distribute a "LEON Linux 2.6.36.3" package with all the patches I used.

It would be nice to get the sun4m/sun4d bits written so I can integrate
that fix. :-)
I have added this to my TODO list. But as I do not have any SMP system yet...
[Working on that]

I agree, it's a pity I'm not so good with sun sparcs. If I find some free time perhaps I could do an experimental implementation.. free time has been a rarity lately, so don't expect it to happen... :)
If I take a stab on it later at least I hope you find time to review the stuff.
Sure, no problemo.

Daniel