Re: LEON SMP

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

I have started working on this timer patch again...

I tried looking a sun4d and sun4m to get an example of how to implement this in a better way, however they seem to implement the per-cpu ticker using hardcoded IRQ number 14 and a custom trap handler for the per-cpu timer ticker (see bottom of kernel/sun4m_irq.c: sun4m_init_timers()).

I am slowly looking into introducing generic IRQ support for SPARC.
If I succeed then we will shift to a more dynamic numbering
of interrupts - like sparc64 does.
That would be great. I have not looked so much into the other SPARC32 ports or the SPARC64, however the LEON port handles IRQ always on the CPU calling request_irq(), since CPU0 initializes everything during startup CPU0 will end up doing a lot if IRQ work. I wish there where a way of implementing IRQ routing to different CPUs. In best case during runtime, however a static configuration is good enough.

Right now I am in a situation where I try to analyse SPARC, existing
codebase and genirq in the kernel. So it will take
a while before I get anywhere with this.
I understand, I'm appreciating your efforts.

Daniel