Re: SPARC32 SMP IRQ15 question

David Miller wrote:

From: Daniel Hellstrom <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:23:27 +0100

I will try to create a patch for the atomic layer for SMP LEON systems
since they have the CASA instruction.

But see my other posting, you still have to fix the irq15 problem.

Merely switching to CASA doesn't mean you don't still have a problem
because spin_lock_irqsave() and other similar pieces of code expect
they will not be interrupted by smp_call_function() calls.
I totally agree, I brought up the atomic layer as an example because it could be triggered easiest. The atomic layer can be modified for LEON to gain some performance improvements I guess, I made a dirty patch for testing it seemed to work but then it freezes in the memory zone lock instead.

I will continue my investigations later, first I want to clean up my single-CPU patches and submit them to the list.

Daniel