Re: liburcu: debian sparc fail to configure

* Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Jon Bernard (jbernard@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > * Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi Jon,
> > >
> > > What's the cpuinfo spec of the build machine ?
> >
> > Here is the contents of /proc/cpuinfo:
> >
> >     cpu     : TI UltraSparc IIIi (Jalapeno)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARC#SPARC_microprocessor_specifications
>
> UltraSPARC IIIi (Jalapeño)    ....   V9 / JPS1
>
> so it should be a sparcv9.
>
> Can you try a uname -a  to see which kernel version/architecture this
> is? I wonder if it's a 32 or 64-bit kernel.

Looks to be 64-bit:

    Linux lebrun 2.6.32-bpo.5-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Sat Jun 12 03:45:52 UTC 2010 sparc64 GNU/Linux

> You might also want to try modifying configure.ac to add:
>
>         sparc) ARCHTYPE="sparc64" ;;
>
> below (or above)
>         sparc64) ARCHTYPE="sparc64" ;;
>
> and try to build this (and run the library tests) on the machine to see
> if it works.

This /should/ work. Debian has dropped support for pre-v9 sparc
processors [1]. So regardless of wether autoconf detects sparc or
sparc64, setting ARCHTYPE="sparc64" seems the right thing to do in this
case.

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64