Re[2]: sun4v_data_access_exception during access to hardware

> >> That means there is nothing responding at that physical address.
> >
> > I need some help. If I want to have access to IO device I need to do following:
> >
> > 1. Get permission from hypervisor about using the phys addr;
> > 2. Convert phys addr to real addr;
> > 2. Initialize TSB by this real addr.
> >
> > It's right? Which APIs should I use for these actions?
>
> You're likely need to make hypervisor changes to make this work.
>
> There are no APIs for privileged level code to ask the hypervisor to
> just do these things.  If it did, the hypervisor would be useless,
> it's there exactly to protect the system from privileged code
> accessing arbitrary physical and I/O memory.
>
> What probably is the easiest way is to make sure the OpenFirmware
> device tree has a proper nodes and mappings for your device.

Sure it should not always grant a requested access, it should lock the address ranges used by guest systems and so prevent granting access to other systems to the locked addresses. Isn't it? I just find strange if adding a device that uses physical IO space (any non-PnP ISA card for example) will result in pathching the OpenFirmware.