Re: soft lookup

* Bernhard R. Link <brlink@xxxxxxxxxx> [100213 18:31]:
> The process itself is shown as using the full cpu (i.e. 100% in top).
> Attaching gdb, strace or ltrace causes those to hang.
> The process cannot be killed, not even by kill -KILL.
> After this process is thus stuck, other processes seem to get then
> problems too and rebooting needs reboot -n -f to actually happen).
>
> What can I do to get narrow this down? Retry with a vanilla kernel?
> Find out at what operation the script (run by bash) starts to hang?

Looking at some of the addresses and a disassembled kernel, that seems
to be in sparc64_realfault_common within sparc64_realfault_common
within for example a call in setup_frame32 (inlined in do_signal32),
so I guess this is related to the signal stack misalignment and will
retest once I have a kernel with those patches applied.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link