Re: temperature & fan-control

Frans van Berckel wrote:
	Hello,

2.6.27 is the last usable kernel on Blade 2000. I run a 2.6.28.10 with some patches and env_bbc is initialized. Module can be unloaded without Oops, but no information is read.

I have disabled bbc on all my Blades because bbc module (2.6.27) randomly returns very strange values (more than 85 °C) and workstation switches off. It can happen when these workstations do not run anything. These workstations are clean and run without any trouble with Solaris.

When bbc returns an overheating event, fan speed is not set to its maximum value. I have try to debug without any success because I cannot reproduce it.

	Regards,

	JKB

Talking about env_bbc the Have you seen how the max1617 i2c devices are
supported in Open Solaris?

	I have never installed OpenSolaris on these workstations, only Solaris 10.

	JKB