Re: SunFire V240 hangs

David Miller a écrit :
From: Sébastien Bernard <seb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:52:54 +0200

Unfortunately, this kernel hangs in the same way as the others.
Same place, same symptom.
I'm afraid the compiler has nothing to do with that problem.

Great, now we can move on :-)

I'll put together some debugging images for you to test.

Hi, the problem is still present in the 2.6.30 kernel and, since distributions are pushing new kernels, I'm now unable to boot any kernel released either by debian or Ubuntu.

To make the matter worse, I think someone has been bitten by this bug on another sparc machine (SUNBLADE 1000).
See http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2009/08/msg00031.html .

Since few months passed since the last mail, I would like to nail the problem, but lack the technical
expertise myself on sparc. How can I help ?

   Seb