Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000

From: BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:18:18 +0200

> 	I have tried your patch on a regular 2.6.30 kernel. It panics very
> 	early when kernel tries to initialize FC adapter. Without this patch,
> 	kernel panics too, but only after a timeout (three or four second
> 	after FC initialization, but without firmware loading stage).
>
> 	I have tried on sparc-2.6 git tree too. Kernel panics too.

This doesn't make much sense since your bisect indicated that this
was the change that introduced the boot failure.

Therefore, it should be the case that reverting it, as you did here,
should make your system boot once more.

But that did not happen.

Something must have went wrong with the GIT bisect or you didn't
understand my directions correctly, or something....

I don't have the patience to go through that whole sequence with
you again and then wait until the next weekend when you can try
the tests again.

So I'm going to try and get one of my systems working here that use
that controller and try to reproduce it myself. :-/