Re: qlogicpti driver hangs the machine

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:25:13PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Matthew Wilcox <matthew@xxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:59:18 -0600
>
> > On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 06:06:03PM +0300, Meelis Roos wrote:
> > > I tried to use Qlogic wide SE SCSI SBus controllers. First tied one in
> > > Sparcstation 5 (sparc32) with etch and sarge installers, then tried
> > > another in E3500. Both tries on SS5 hung when loadin qlogicpti module.
> > > E3500 conf doesn't autoload SBus drivers and the card was properly
> > > inserted only after installation, so I tried to modprobe qlogicpti after
> > > booting up. This also results in a hang but outputs that much on console
> > > before hanging. Maybe the error handling spinlock lockup gives a clue to
> > > someone...
> >
> > What kernel version is this trace from?
>
> FWIW, I personally haven't tested this driver in a long time, did
> anyone give it at least a simple test when you made those
> ->slave_configure changes to this driver?

Not that I know of, but I do have an incriminating email from you where
you promise to pick up the pieces if anything explodes ;-)

There've also been commits from Jens, Boaz and Tomo that could plausibly
be related (I think we can discount the one from Adrian).  Meelis, can
you run through the various patches to qlogicpti, backing them out one
at a time?  I worry that some infrastructure may have been taken away by
followups to these patches, so it may not be feasible.

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."