Re: rtc-m48t59 on an Ultra 5

Josip Rodin wrote:
% sudo hwclock --debug; echo; date
hwclock from util-linux-2.12r
Using /dev/rtc interface to clock.
I have similar problems with debian etch on sparc32.  hwclock
only supports /dev/rtc.  Upgrading hwclock is problematic because there
are 3 different versions (original hwclock, linux-util and linux-util-ng)
and they require init.d script changes.  Superblock times are also
corrupted with bad dates and fails fsck which immediately causes a
reboot.  Fixing it requires mounting the drive on another system and
running fsck to fix the times.  This is a real pain because I haven't
been able to find a combination that boots both the stock debian etch
kernel and sparc-next.

Is there any way to have the the rtc device show up as /dev/rtc?