Re: [BUG] Raid5 trouble

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 01:04 -0700, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>         I never see any oops with this patch. But I cannot create a
> RAID1 array
> with a local RAID5 volume and a foreign RAID5 array exported by iSCSI.
> iSCSI seems to works fine, but RAID1 creation randomly aborts due to a
> unknown SCSI task on target side.

For now I am going to forward this patch to Neil for inclusion in
-stable and 2.6.24-rc.  I will add a "Tested-by: Joël Bertrand
<joel.bertrand@xxxxxxxxxxx>" unless you have an objection.

>         I have stressed iSCSI target with some simultaneous I/O
> without any
> trouble (nullio, fileio and blockio), thus I suspect another bug in
> raid
> code (or an arch specific bug). The last two days, I have made some
> tests to isolate and reproduce this bug:
> 1/ iSCSI target and initiator seem work when I export with iSCSI a
> raid5
> array;
> 2/ raid1 and raid5 seem work with local disks;
> 3/ iSCSI target is disconnected only when I create a raid1 volume over
> iSCSI (blockio _and_ fileio) with following message:
>
> Oct 18 10:43:52 poulenc kernel: iscsi_trgt: cmnd_abort(1156) 29 1 0 42
> 57344 0 0
> Oct 18 10:43:52 poulenc kernel: iscsi_trgt: Abort Task (01) issued on
> tid:1 lun:0 by sid:630024457682948 (Unknown Task)
>
>         I run for 12 hours some dd's (read and write in nullio)
> between
> initiator and target without any disconnection. Thus iSCSI code seems
> be robust. Both initiator and target are alone on a single gigabit
> ethernet link (without any switch). I'm investigating...

Can you reproduce on 2.6.22?

Also, I do not think this is the cause of your failure, but you have
CONFIG_DMA_ENGINE=y in your config.  Setting this to 'n' will compile
out the unneeded checks for offload engines in async_memcpy and
async_xor.

>         Regards,
>         JKB

Regards,