Re: slave_configure for qlogicpti

David Miller wrote:
From: Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:52:45 -0400

David Miller wrote:
It compiles :-)  You deleted the only uses of scsi_rbuf_{get,put}()
so you can kill those off too.

Seeing as how they are exact duplicates of libata's ata_scsi_rbuf_{get,put}, I wonder how they got there in the first place (rather than becoming common code), and I wonder how many more copies are floating out there...

I bet: 1) they were common code in scsi_lib.c 2) qlogicpti and libata
became the only remaining users so 3) they got copied to those
two users verbatim anticipating that the qlogicpti usage would
eventually be deleted.

I wrote the libata code from scratch, so I was just sorta curious. No biggie either (read: I'm too lazy to search the history).

After the qlogicpti use goes away, libata-scsi is the remaining user of that logic. The code is already local to libata, so... all good.

	Jeff

-