Re: Is Sun putting much effort into supporting the gcc/binutils toolchain on sparc64 ?

From: Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:02:08 +0100

> So, Sun really _don't_ give a damn about gnu/linux on sparc64.

That is a gross mischaracterization of the situation, don't
say this, it isn't true at all.

I have a full rack of Niagara systems that proves that Sun
cares to some extent.  I get early hardware access and
documentation access, plus engineers to talk to and ask
questions of.

That is miles away from what you are claiming.

I know what you are after, and it doesn't happen overnight.  So don't
be spastic and just whine as the only possible effect that will have
is to scare them off and put Sun in reverse gear instead of continuing
forward.
-