Physical cpu number on UltrasparcT1

Thanks for your concern.

We are doing experiments on how the cache influences the performance.
Since the 4 threads on each physical core share the same cache,
performance should be different depending on whether 4 threads are on
the same core or not.  And we want to measure this difference in our
programs. Since we can set the affinity of the processes and cpu, we
want to make it clear which physical core we have binded our processes
to.

Is there any other mechanism in Linux we could utilize to approach this goal?

Thanks.

-