Re: Sun4c interrupt controller - Sun4d relevance

David Miller wrote:

Tom is absolutely right, the situation is questionable at best,
so we have to take the safe course of action and now not accept
contributions from those who have gone so far as to publicly
state that they've read the Solaris code and thus are tainted.

It's unfortunate, but really there is no other reasonable course
of action at this point, sorry :-/
Whilst I understand your reaction on this one I believe that you are being rather harsh on both Mark and Sun.

Would it not be wiser to clarify the conditions under which Sun have generously released this information as a reference resource and ask for clarification if necessary.

Sun are making great efforts to open up their code and it seems rather churlish to imply possible bad faith where none has been shown to exist. There can be no harm in asking for clarification and/or permission to use this material.

-