Re: Ultra 2 with nvram problems

Hi,

>Take a look at http://www.squirrel.com/sun-*nvram*-hostid.*faq*.html
>
>You need to buy a replacement chip and program it as per the FAQ.

Just for reference: it worked beautifully. If anyone ever will get into
the same situation with an Ultra-2, the above FAQ works well, even though
the machine isn't explicitly listed. You don't have to care about the
machine type, that's set during set-defaults or hard-wired.

Oh, and on my old NVRAM chip, the last 3 bytes of the ethernet address
were printed on top of it, just below the barcode. This happens to
be the last three bytes of the hostid as well, I think.

Thanks to all,
Uli
(Anyone need a spare NVRAM chip in Germany? I bought a pair of them, because
this was the only available package size ;-)
--
Ulrich Teichert
Stormweg 24

-