Re: Asking for document about booting in sparc

Hi,

I currently use the SunOS boot loader because for me it is the least work.

For Linux, most people will probably use silo (http://sourceforge.net/projects/silo). If you download the source, you can read the documentation there.

For additional sparc information, try www.sun.com (finding anything usefull for you may take some time but there is a lot of information there for thoes who persist.)

For rearly old sparc systems there may be a limit on the maximum size of kernel that can be loaded. For my sun4c systems, the limit is 3MB with the SunOS boot loader (4MB-1MB for boot loader). I have seen comments about silo that sugest that it thay may have a smaller limit on these systems (i.e. silo > 1MB).

Hope this helps.

Regards
	Mark Fortescue.