Sunblade100 Red Dots persist

Emanuele Rocca wrote:
 What about the "red dots" issue? Is that already known upstream?
I don't know about this one, my blade 2k is not affected.

Jim, could you please try the last rc kernel (2.6.22-rc7) and send a
report to sparclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if the bug is still present?

Thanks.
ciao,
    ema

I built 2.6.22-rc7 on my Sunblade100 debian/unstable and find the red dots issue is still there.

A few red dots will be seen on any window opened on the desktop. If the window is dragged around a few times then more dots accumulate mostly along a few vertical lines near each side of the window. Some dots are seen on the window decorations and sometime a few are just outside the window borders but move with the window. This affects any window, but it is easier to see in a black terminal window.

The dots remain fixed relative to the moving window. There is also a flickering of vertical black broken lines near the physical centre of the LCD screen when a desktop window is moved.

The dots go away if the window is resized, and re-appear when it is moved.

A related problem is also seen in a plain console (Ctrl-Alt-F2) where a few white dots will be displaced horizontally from some characters and are displayed further to the right.
Please see the attached screenshot.

This issue can be avoided by booting with video=atyfb:off

thanks

jim

PNG image