Re: [TESTERS NEEDED]: Rewritten ESP driver

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:26:08AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:01:43 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > I'll fix the bug in the qlogicpti driver and post the patch for
> > you.
>
> This should fix the qlogicpti driver.

> +             } else if (Cmnd->request_bufflen) {

Thank you. It'll take few hours while i do have possible window for
booting the beast as it's compiling RPMS, but i do get back again, if
the patch below won't cure the qlogicpti. Actually that is exactly
same solution which i was considering 'as if() hack', but from me it
would have been just a hack, but from someone else, whom does have
some kind of understanding what one is doing, it's a patch :)

The new esp-driver is still running strong, but ATM it's not getting
any real beating as the box is simply re-compiling batch of SRPMS.
But earlier i could not get is crashing even when there were heavy disk
activity on two separate disks and tape-backup ongoing while building
RPMS took care that there isn't any extra idle time.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@xxxxxx - http://pasi.pirhonen.eu/
Top-postings silently ignored