Re: sparc32 SMP debugging advice needed

	Hello,

Robert Reif a écrit :
I'm trying to get a git rc4 SMP kernel working on an ss20 and am running
into a few problems.

I have built the same kernel with some debug information about deadlocks and spinlocks. This kernel works fine with one SuperSPARC but not with one HyperSPARC (cache aliasing management mistake). With dual SuperSPARC (SM71), kernel randomly hangs with spinlock bug. Sometimes, it can boot, sometimes not, and I don't know how debug this kernel. When it completely boots, I can see some deadlocks (for example, run "make -j2" to build a kernel randomly stops with cc in D state), some randomly oops (syscall_to_hard) when pipe syscall is executed.

An SMP kernel boots and runs fine using debian etch and a single
CPU.  However I do get this in kern.log:

Mar 23 10:59:53 ss20 kernel: Kernel command line: root=/dev/sda2 ro
Mar 23 10:59:53 ss20 kernel: PID hash table entries: 1024 (order: 10, 4096 bytes) Mar 23 10:59:53 ss20 kernel: start_kernel(): bug: interrupts were enabled early
Mar 23 10:59:53 ss20 kernel: Console: colour dummy device 80x25

It looks like something similar was fixed a while back on sparc64 but
I don't know if this is related.  I'm recompiling a kernel with more
debugging turned on to see what happens.

I get a hang when booting the same kernel with 2 CPUs at:

Begin: Loading essential drivers... ...

Nothing interesting before that.

Any advice on how to approach fixing these issues?  I can test patches.

I can test too. If someones has some idea about this trouble or a method to debug this kernel, he is welcome ;-)

	Regards,

	JKB
-