Re: Dead lock with 2.6.20

BERTRAND Joël napsal(a):
    Hello,

I have seen a very strange deadlock on a UltraSPARC 2 workstation (2 UltraSPARC-II/296 MHz, 2048 MB, framebuffer Creator3D on UPA slot, 2 73 GB SCA disks that form a raid1 array).

Hardware sounds good and I have tested it with SUNvts during two days without any failure.

This workstation is a mail server and runs with Debian/testing, kernel 2.6.20. It's a NIS and NFSv3/TCP clients. Its uptime was more than 9 days and it hangs without any message in the log, without panic and without oops. When it hangs, the queue of sendmail was about 3 GB due to a failure of a internet peering. I have rebooted the workstation (power button :-( ). You can find my .config at

http://rayleigh.systella.fr/~bertrand/config-sun4u-2.6.20.gz

    I don't know how debug this bug...
Hi,
do you have attached console ? Do you try STOP-A ? I have similar problem on E450 tomorrow. After each second reboot system hang and I can't STOP-A. Only power-off helps. System hang after udev insert sg module. I disable udev and this solve my problem.

			Dan

-