Sunfire v880

Had anyone had any success booting Linux on a v880?  We've been trying
to get various Debian/Ubuntu/Gentoo images up and running on it for
the last few days, but so far no luck.  Both CD-ROM and netboot
produce the same results.  We updated the OBP to the lasted version.
We've tried the video=atyfb:off trick but to no avail.  All we ever
get is "Booting Linux..." and then nothing else.  We tried removing
the video card and keyboard and mouse, no difference.  Has anyone had
any success on the v880?  Any other things we could try?

Thanks,

Alex
-