Re: Linux on Sun e10k

(apologies if you get this more than once; apparently I've been having
some email trouble)

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 09:34 -0800, David Miller wrote:

> Another oddity is that the buffers are filled at the tail.  So, for
> example if you have 16 characters to output, you copy them to the
> final 16-bytes of the buffer area (right before the 2-byte count)
> and then you write the count to be 16.

Is the buffer actually filled backwards, or merely aligned to the tail?

> The control register contains either zero (means nothing to do)
> or another value which indicates certain events have occurred,
> you poll this when you poll for console input.  The possible
> values are:
>
> 0	nothing
> 1	Stop-A break sequence
> 2	SSP hung up on us and disconnected
> 3	Console switch to network, stop posting output bytes to SRAM
> 4	Console switch to SRAM, resume posting output bytes to SRAM
> 5	Console via network closed
>
> Ignore values 3, 4, and 5 for now, there is a way to redirect console
> output over the network with the SSP but we'll not support that yet.

Are 3, 4, and 5 messages from the kernel to the SSP?  If so, don't we
want to set 4 (and wait for it to clear?) on port->startup() ?

--
  Peter

-