[no subject]

I am a newbie and would like to know how to partition my disk with parted
during
the installation of deb sarge on my SunE450.
My disk has a Sun-label and i I let parted do it automatically, it does not
touch partition#3,witch I think is allright.But after installing the
base,upon
reboot, after checking alot I get the message :
kernel panic:Ufs: unable to mount root fs on 08:04 press L1-a to return to
the boot prom
So I suppose the partitioning has to be done another way,but how?
Please help me
Greetings
Magnus
vatch23@xxxxxxxxxx if you want to write me direct.