Re: NFS Oopses on SPARC64?

Horst H. von Brand a écrit :

	Hello,

I've got Oopses with high(ish?) NFS load (compiling stuff on my x86_64 on
my automounted home from SPARC64) with vanilla 2.6.19.1 and 2.6.20-rc4
(didn't do any such madness before, and not in between). Reported as 7795
and 7796 in bugzilla.kernel.org. Aurora Corona on a SPARC Station Ultra 1,
up to date.

Has anybody else seen something like this? This machine has had random NFS
and hang problems, which I didn't have the time to investigate further then.
I attributed them to the (all too common) brownouts here.

I have reported in this mailing list the same bug. I have an U60/SMP with several raid volumes and 1 GB of main memory that currently runs with official 2.6.19.1. It's NFS randomly hangs with an Oops. I have tried kernel-nfsd (v3 and v4), same result. But user-nfsd works fine for me (very slow, but without any oops). I never see any hang trouble (only with sparc32).

Remark : older kernel work fine and the same kernel built for i386 or K8 works fine too. I have tried to build 2.6.19.1 with gcc-3.4 and gcc-4.1, same result, nfs oppses, but not in the same routine.

I've set up things so I can disassemble/regenerate the .s for the stuff
referenced in the Oops, but I'd rather not (my knowledge of SPARC assembly
is almost non-existent). Any clues/pointers?

	No...

	Regards,

	JKB
-