Re: [2.6.19.1] ESP regression ?

Jurij Smakov a écrit :
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 01:35:05PM -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
Building the SCSI and esp components into the kernel does not change the
results, it still doesn't work on 2.6.18.1+ on sparc32.

If anyone has a working sparc32 kernel config that works on a sparc32
w/esp, please post it here.

Tom,

The 2.6.18 kernel (it is actually 2.6.18.5 plus some patches) we currently have in Debian works fine on my SS20. You can find the config, kernel, and matching initrd at

http://www.wooyd.org/sparc/

The only patch which touches anything in arch/sparc is also included there (bus-id-size.patch), other patches may be viewed at

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/kernel/dists/sid/linux-2.6/debian/patches/

One esp problem I'm aware of is broken CD-ROM support, the bug report with some discussion is available at

I've got as far as figuring out that this problem seems to be due to a miscompilation with gcc 4.1. If the kernel is built with gcc 4.0, CD-ROM actually works again, so it might be some tool chain regression. At this point, however, I don't really have time to track it down.

For information, the 2.6.19.1 runs better when it is built with gcc-4.1. I have tried to rebuild this kernel with gcc-4.0 and I can see several deadlocks.

	Regards,

	JKB
-