Re: serial port registration messages

It's not just about buffer sizes, it's about uniqueness
and the only unique thing amongst all PROM devices is
the PROM node number, so that's what we must use as the
ID.

Hmm, I still do not undestand. The numbers dmesg shows are still equal to each other so they are about the same prom node. Is somewhere another prom node with the same name that is not printed and used for serial?

Or, do we check the prom names and it they match for several nodes then use the node number instead of the name?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)
-