Re: How to run diskless linux on T2000

One correction..

I mentioned boot.img by mistake.
For network boot and diskless, I tried silotfp.b under /tftpboot.
T2000 picks up silotfp.b but does not read the /tftpboot/silo.conf.

Basically, I want something like using pxelinux.0, pxelinux.cfg etc.

-Neeraj

Neeraj Gupta wrote:
Hi,

I would like to run diskless linux (ubuntu 6.06.1) on T2000.
Here is what I have tried so far :
- prepare a network server using boot.img (on sparc/solaris serving rarp and tftpboot)
- setup /etc/ethers, /etc/hosts etc
- issue a "boot net" from T2000
- T2000 picks up boot.img and presents me "boot:" prompt
- I have correct vmlinuz on this remote server and I do have root file system also (copied from a T2000 running ubuntu locally)
- How do I tell T2000 to pickup a) vmlinuz and b) rootfs from nfs

I tried to give network device path name with several options as mentioned in "help" from boot" but no luck.
The message says that it can not find the specified file.

Please provide some pointers.

Thanks,
Neeraj
-