NIC interrupt assignments under UltraSPARC-T1

From time to time I "play" with netperf on different systems. I happen to have occasion to play with a T2000. Under Solaris 10 I am able to coerce the interrupts of the different core GbEs to be on different cores rather than strands of the same core.

Under a 2.6.15 kernel (Ubuntu Dapper) it would appear that the old standby of "echo affinity mask to the /proc/irq/mumble" I've used with Linux on other (non-SPARC) hardware doesn't "work" - no matter how I change the mask for a NIC, running a netperf TCP_RR test seems to show the interrupts happening on the same strand.

Is it indeed not possible to alter the interrupt assignments or have I (as I'm wont to do) missed something quasi-obvious?

It has been suggested that I should be poking around in arch/sparc64/kernel/irq.c and i've looked there, I'm still a bit lost as I've not learned the heirarchy of the code in that area. With my netperf stuff I've had the good fortune to not have to go any deeper than getting a call to sched_setaffinity() right... I have noticed that down in that file everything seems to be assuming a specific "CPU" rather than a set of them (mask)

thanks,

rick jones
http://www.netperf.org/
-