AW: latest 2.4.33 kernel

Dear listmembers,
dear Mr. Miller,
lib/string.c defines a
#infdef __HAVE_ARCH_MEMCHR
memchr() {
}
#endif

function. I thought initially it would be enough to put an #include <linux/string.h>  into linux/fs/smbfs/dir.c where memchr is declared, but this did not help.

I am not the experienced C-programming guru, I just stumbled somewhat over a buglett and would appreciate any help regarding that matter.

Is it possible that __HAVE_ARCH_MEMCHR is defined even though it isn't available? Should I try to undef it, and if so, where would I do this?

Thank you very much,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

HARMAN BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Manager Hardware Systems
   System Development

Industriegebiet Ittersbach
Becker-Göring Str. 16
D-76307 Karlsbad / Germany

Phone: +49 (0)7248 71-1577
Fax:   +49 (0)7248 71-1216
eMail: DJurzitza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.becker.de

*******

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.