Re: Issues with SILO 1.4.11

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 03:53, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Frans Pop has noted that when used on his Ultra 10, new SILO does not
> handle the timeout before booting correctly. On Ultra 10 it just sits
> at the boot prompt, waiting for someone to press Enter, which is pretty
> bad. It works fine on my Ultra 60. Frans has also confirmed, that if
> the changes in second/timer.c, introduced in 1.4.11 are reverted, the
> old behaviour is restored.

From a "releasing the new silo version for Debian" point of view, I'm
actually more concerned about this regression than adding support for
hardware that was not supported in previous versions either.

What are the reasons the code in second/timer.c was changed?

That the sun4u_notimer support is still needed for a large class of
hardware out there has been demonstrated by my tests.

Cheers,
Frans Pop

(Please keep my address in replies as I'm not subscribed to sparclinux.)