More on the Sun Disk Label Issue

My team has determined the cause of the issue is GCC 4.1, when util-linux and the kernel is compiled with GCC 4.1, the checksums go out of whack. We haven't haven't been able to isolate it down any further. Here's what we know so far.

If we compile a Kernel(2.6.12-2.6.15) or util-linux(2.12r, 2.13-pre7) with GCC 4.1 we get
this message during boot-up.
sda:Dev sda Sun disklabel: Csum bad, label corrupted
unknown partition table

If we run fdisk on the machine if booted via a netboot, and attempt to fix the issue. The
following error occurs.

"Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or
OSF disklabel
Building a new sun disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous
content won't be recoverable."

Then I configured the label and saved, then I got the following error
message.

Command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
sda: Write Protect is off
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write through w/ FUA
sda:Dev sda Sun disklabel: Csum bad, label corrupted
unknown partition table
sda: Write Protect is off
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write through w/ FUA
sda:Dev sda Sun disklabel: Csum bad, label corrupted
unknown partition table
Syncing disks.

I've tested using parted to create the label and the issues seems to work for the current session. Investigating this currently.
-