Re: Parallel port problems on Sun Ultra10

Hi,

> this reminds me of a problem I had a few week ago while playing with
> an homebuild parallel port project. The machine would lock totally, but
> as soon as I disconnected the circuit from the port the machine would
> unlock.
>
> Maybe you could try disconnecting the printer and see what happens?

I reproduced the steps described in my previous post, but I tried various things
after the machine froze:

1) I swicthed off the printer's power supply: the machine remained frozen,
2) I disconnected the printer cable: the machine remained frozen,
3) I switched on the printer again, and I reconnected the cable: the machine
remained frozen.

So the machine seems to be locked for good after doing a write() to /dev/lp0.

Regards,

Christophe Jacquet.
-