Re: Fwd: a build system

On Jun 04 00:10:31, sergstesh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> "monstrosity" - could you please elaborate ?

What's there to elaborate on?
Meson itself is 26 MB (no, I am not counting the .git dir).
That's TEN TIMES the size of sox itself.
Plus it requires python and ninja.

> Besides that, using Meson you don't have to develop
> yet another build system.

The build system I use now is a shell script and a Makefile.
That's not "another build system", thats two straightforward
plain text files with NO dependencies on anything.

> Also, how about projects using Meson build system:
> https://mesonbuild.com/Users.html ?

What about them? Do you mean to say that
if so many projects use it, we should use it?
(Srsly, are you trolling or what?)

> And why is my message not posted to the list ?

No idea - are you subscribed to the list?