Re: [solved] Convert multichannel raw file to wav

Jan Stary <hans@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Apr 22 12:43:51, rodolfo.medina@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> I suppose I copied/pasted that stuff from somewhere.
>>
>  [...]
>
> OK, that's your first problem: don't "copy commands from somewhere."
> Read the manual of your tool, pacat(1) in this case,
> and use that appropriately.
>
> In particular, pacat/parec seems to be able to record a wav file,
> in which case you are creating your own problem for no reason.

Thanks: my main problem was the multichannel structure, not the conversion
itself.  Reading the manual as you suggest, I did:

 $ pacat --record -d alsa_input.usb-BEHRINGER_UMC404HD_192k-00.analog-surround-40 --channels=4 --channel-map=aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3 --file-format=wav dump.wav

and pacat performs the record but complains:

 Warning: failed to write channel map to file.

and in fact the resulting file seems not to be as accurate as the one I get
creating first the raw file and then converting it to wav via sox.

Thanks for your help,

Rodolfo