Re: Self-introduction and my first question ... which programming language sox is written in

Hi all,

On 10/11/23 02:44, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
Can python modules be made to use sox as a background tool for audio processing?

You can call SOX from Python, Bash, .bat .exe and anything else you can access the code with.

It happens to be written in C.

I use SOX to apply equalisation to audio, removing hum and hiss, then apply multi band leveling to achieve a consistent audio output from multi sourced speech items.

Input audio here comes in many formats. SOX is used to output consistent wav bitrate. The transcoding loss is acceptable for speech.

Opening and closing audio is then added with fade out and fade in on cue.

In another application I use SOX to edit a news bulletin out of an audio stream based on the silence between time signal pips [head] and the mandatory silence at the end [tail] Its unbelievably accurate.

While the scripting is a subject on it's own, SOX has a huge array of options, well documented with many examples published on line.

Of all the audio processing tools available SOX is the one I use most often.

regards

Robert Jeffares

--
Communication Consultants